Friday 28 April 2023

Examine

 

It's all about the heart. Examine it every day.

I have a confession to make - I find having visitors difficult, especially when they are here for a month at a time. And because I find it difficult, it highlights all those mean places in my heart. I could just ignore them and tell myself that they are justified. 

But they're not.

I am called to love people. That means having a patient, loving, gracious, forgiving heart. It means reminding myself that just because I like things done in a particular way doesn't make it the right way. It means letting go of what I want and serving others.

Some days it's hard, but being aware of those mean places allows me to confess and repent and start anew, hopefully with a softer heart and one step forward on my journey.




2 comments:

  1. I could never resist anything that bears a heart, and this is no exception. Examining our heart is absolutely the best thing we can do to advance the beauty of the world. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.