Saturday 28 January 2012

Found poetry

If you've never given found poetry a go, it's fun to try. Simply take a magazine, flip through it fairly rapidly, cutting out any words that appeal to you. Don't think too much about it, just cut them out. When you have gone all the way through the magazine, take your words and make a poem. You don't have to use all of the words - and don't go back into the mag looking for others to match your theme, either!

I came up with this:


A couple of my close friends will laugh at this as it is so spot-on with what God is working through with me at the moment. And I didn't even realise how apt it was until I had finished and stood back from it. It's amazing what will be revealed when you let yourself go and let God speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.