Friday 30 March 2018

Be kind to yourself


I sometimes forget that I haven't even been in this new city for  a month yet. Of course I don't know yet that the post office closes at lunchtime on Wednesday (until I arrive there to buy a stamp), or where to go to buy a doorbell. Of course I haven't learned everyone's names yet, or even made it to all three churches in the group on a Sunday. Everything is new and I need to take time.

How often do you expect yourself to be perfect at something when you haven't been doing it for long? We expect too much of ourselves too soon far too often. Usually these thoughts are not coming from others but our own internal thought processes.

So be kind to yourself!

Yes, you :)




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful page, and I love the graph-like feel to the bottom left. Well said!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.