Wednesday 1 June 2022

Play

 

I bought myself 20 canvases the other day in preparation for SALA 2023 (South Australian Living Artists). It's a month-long set of exhibitions across the whole state that anyone can apply to be part of. Lots of venues offer space for it that wouldn't usually exhibit art; some artists open their studios; some people exhibit for the entire month, others just for a few days. A few years ago I exhibited at the Adelaide City Library and it was good fun. I was too late to apply for this year so I'm getting ahead ready for next year. 

All my canvases are 16 x 20in and I just intend to have fun with them. The one above is the first one I've finished and is called 'Play'. I have four others on the go, one of which is almost done and the others are in the ugly stage. There are no expectations for these pieces; I just want to see where they take me. I'm planning to do a set of five with the same palette just to explore. 

If you had a set of canvases, what would you explore?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.