Wednesday 8 June 2022

Perception

"Don't ever perceive other people's success as your own failure." Rob Liano 

There's enough success to go round. It's not like it's a pie and someone has already eaten three-quarters of it so you'd better get in there and cut yourself a slice. And besides, how do you define 'success'? The dictionary says it is 'the accomplishment of an aim or purpose'. Some days my aim is to get out of bed! When I do, I am a success. 

Our artistic aims are surely our own and not affected by anyone else's success, so let's live that way.


In other news, guess which fingernail bed is infected...

As you can see, my cuticles are particularly ragged and what with sticking my fingers in paint, sewing and occasionally pricking myself with a pin, cooking, and gardening, well, somewhere along the way something got in there and my finger swelled alarmingly over two days. With a dose of antibiotics I'm hoping it will be back to normal size soon. And maybe I'll wear gloves next time I want to fingerpaint...

1 comment:

  1. Loving this page (although the fingernail? Not so much!). The colour and design of the former just thrills me, and the quote is so bang on! I particularly like the combination of the paper addition against the painted page; it's unexpected, and it's so very you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.