Friday 17 June 2022

Growth

 

You are responsible for your growth.

You can't just expect to grow without putting in the work. If you want to develop skills in a particular area, you have to put in the time and effort. Sure, you might have some natural talent, but it will only take you so far. It is up to you to work at it. No-one else can do that for you, and wishing doesn't make it so.

This applies to personal growth in character as well. If you want to grow in kindness, you have to practice it. The only way to grow in patience is to be patient (annoying, isn't it?!). Surround yourself with people who have the qualities you'd like to grow in yourself - it rubs off! 

The good news is that the rewards are worth it.


4 comments:

  1. Lovely art and wonderful message. Thanks for your encouragement. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you pointing at me? 😉 I love this, and my first thought was my need to practice my drawing skills a great deal more (at all, really!). Then the patience line hit - something more to practice, with thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always feel I should draw more, but then I find other things more interesting, so that's what I put my time into. Patience, though... well, that always needs work :)

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.