Wednesday 15 June 2022

New canvas

 

This is the first of my new canvases in the limited palette that I'm doing a series of five in. I haven't named it yet as I want to see if something emerges when all five are done. I tend to work in that way - not having an idea to start with but stepping back and seeing what comes to mind when things are almost done. I may end up putting words on it, I may not. I'm sure when all five are done that there will be commonalities. I can already see some of them - the squiggles, the finger spots, and the misty bits of white where I rub a palette knife with a tiny amount of paint over the fibres of the canvas.

Really, I'm just having fun :)







2 comments:

  1. I'm loving this especially for the sense of playfulness, and look forward to seeing a photo of all five pieces together, finished or not!! It's a great idea to work in a series, and I like the thought of leaving the finishing touches until the series is all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having so much fun with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.