Friday 3 June 2022

Studio art

 

As I've been working on some canvases this week, I haven't finished a new art journal page in time for this post, so I thought it might be fun to give you a tour of the art in my studio.

The one above is one of mine and is quite old now, but I really love it. The wording says 'consider the flowers'. It sits over my desk where I do my morning reading and prayer journal, and is a reminder to not worry!

This is another of my own canvases, just a small one.  Again, it sits over my desk and is a reminder to endeavour to plant good things in others, not things that harm or aren't fruitful.

This is a glass plate made by Sheryl Glassmith, a local Adelaide Hills artist. Echidnas are my favourite animals and I have a small collection in my studio, as you will see. 

This is an echidna print by Janet Ayliffe, another Adelaide Hills artist. 

And here are the smaller echidnas I have collected. The one at the bottom left is by David Clarke and my husband bought it for me on Kangaroo Island when we holidayed there. It fits nicely in a cupped hand and is made of bronze, so beautifully weighted. The sharp-eyed of you will have noticed that a bilby has sneaked in as well. 

This is another of my pieces from way back - about 30 years from when I first started out with oil paints on roof slates. We were living in Sheffield in the UK and lots of the houses have slate roofs. After windy days there would be tiles on the ground, or sometimes there would be some in skips. When you can't afford canvas, you use whatever is around :) This one is called 'The Passion'.

The horse is Zach's from when they were about 5. I love the simple lines and the personality. The green canvas is another of mine that's just been hanging around the studio since I made it however many years ago.

This one is mine with a poem of Zach's that I love. As you can see, it's propped up by my box of brushes and paint. 

 

And this last one is very recent. It's called 'Life's Messy, Embrace It'. I love the bright colours and again, the reminder that when things aren't going smoothly, it's okay, and to keep going. 

So there you go - the art in my studio. Thank you for sticking around to the end!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post, Tracy - I'm loving the eclectic feel of all your artwork - the pieces you and Zach have done, and the ones you've collected. (That sneaky little bilby made me smile). I liked seeing the evolution of your work as well, from the roofing tile piece to the most recent and oh-so-colourful one. You rock, my extraordinary artist friend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.