Wednesday 6 February 2013

D is for Decisions


D is for Decisions.

Prompt: How do you make decisions?  Are you ruled by your head or your heart?  Do you have trusted people you can go to for advice?  Do you take  any notice of them?

Some decisions are easy to make and don't require much thought or effort - what will I have for lunch? What should I wear today? For those that are trickier, or will have a more lasting effect, I pray. And ask trusted others. I make a decision and then sleep on it. I have found that I will then either wake up feeling peaceful, having made the right choice, or I will feel very uneasy and know that further prayer and probably a change in my decision are needed. 

I find that making a decision - whether it's right or wrong - is the important step. Decide and then sleep on it rather than dithering and making no decision at all. 

The quote, in case you can't read it, is: Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come.    Robert H. Schuller

Linking with An A to Z of Me.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is wonderful!!!! You calmed my mind. Your decision making philosophy is a smart one. I will use this advice of yours! Sleep on a decision...know in the morning...You are a wise lady to pray on those big ones, too. If I didn't have prayer and those beautiful talks and miracles to be found, I couldn't make it...Blessings to you, love, kath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post abput moving and your page moves too. Decisions are just movement to me, subtle shift and I rarely have a problem making them because I truly trust my heart. xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.